Is Tech Trek right for my daughter/student?
Tech Trek is an exciting and engaging one-week summer camp for girls featuring hands-on science and technology classes, a fun and educational field trip, opportunities to meet inspiring women role models, and a unique college campus experience. To attend, families need only pay a $50.00 registration fee.
Your daughter/student is a good fit for Tech Trek if she is currently in the 7th grade and interested in math and science with the potential to excel. Tech Trek is looking for girls who have not had the opportunity for experiences like Tech Trek before, but are excited by the opportunity to try something new, learn new things, and challenge herself. The ideal Tech Trek camper cooperates with teachers, shows respect for other students, regularly participates in class discussions, and makes positive choices for herself in and out of class. To apply, girls must be nominated by their science or math teacher.
- “I loved every moment of being at Tech Trek. I also enjoyed making new friends and interacting with adults at Professional Night. Thank you so much for this experience. I loved being here and learning new things.”
- “My experience at Tech Trek was an amazing one. I made new friends and learned about things I didn’t even know existed! I solidified my idea of my future career in the computer sciences and made soap, and in that process I learned about the periodic table of elements, the pH scale, and about the chemical process of saponification.”
Tech Trek Really Works!
We surveyed girls who attended Tech Trek in California several years after they attended Tech Trek. The results speak for themselves:
- 82% of girls chose to take more science classes in high school because of Tech Trek
- 91% of girls reported that Tech Trek boosted their self-confidence in their ability to be successful in science classes
- 77% of girls say that Tech Trek increased their interest in technology
- 87% of girls say that Tech Trek introduced them to new STEM careers
- 96% of Tech Trek alumnae go to college
Learn more about AAUW’s Tech Trek camps: