The key components of the Tech Trek model are as follows:
- Local middle school science and math teachers nominate girls to attend Tech Trek.
- Girls apply, interview and are selected to attend the camp or to a waitlist.
- Attendees reside on Stockton University’s campus.
- During the week of camp, girls attend a daily math or science core class.
- Girls perform hands-on activities throughout the day.
- A one-day field trip enhances STEM learning.
- Girls interact daily with women STEM role models.
- Girls network with women STEM professionals at a Professional Women’s Night.